LA

I have several spots on my scalp inside of my ears, right below my eyebrow and on my knee that develop white layers of skin they itch&hurt what is it?

Dr. Kimberly Ramsdell
Spots: You have to consider psoriasis. If they hurt because you're scratching too much, then consider eczema. Tinea (ringworm) may cause the appearance you are describing, as can seborrheic dermatitis. As you can see, it's difficult to diagnose and you're probably going to have to be evaluated. However, you could try a little over the counter hydrocortisone cream (as directed on the label).

Last updated Nov 15, 2014