What are the different kinds of bariatric surgery?

Dr. Zeenat Hasan
Bariatrics 15 years experience
Lots of options but: the most common in the US is still the roux-en-Y gastric bypass. The sleeve gastrectomy (or gastric sleeve) is fast on the rise, with good outcomes as well. The lap band, or adjustable gastric band, is another option but is falling out of favor due to complications/poor long term results. I personally have taken out more bands than put in. I recommend consultation with a good bariatric surgeon.
Dr. Dean Giannone
There are three.: There's the LapBand, gastric sleeve and gastric bypass, in usual order of amount of weight lost from least to most.
Dr. Gregg Nishi
Bariatrics 23 years experience
Best operation: There is no "best" operation. Different people do better with different operations. The gastric bypass is the gold standard and results in the most weight loss and best at curing diabetes. However, it may not be the right one for you. The sleeve gastrectomy is also very effective. The lap band is falling out of favor these days and only accounts for 8% of the weight loss operations done in the US.