How exactly does bariatric surgery affect health?

Dr. Scott Bolhack
Wound care 37 years experience
Bariatric Surgery: There are several bariatric procedures. Each has their benefits and risks. Those risks are an aside from the surgical risks. The nutritional risks of the individual surgery should be discussed with the surgeon. Ask to see a nutritionist before and after the procedure to work with you to minimize or recognize the nutritional aspects of the surgery.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Joseph Kuhn
39 years experience
Diabetes and more: Bariatric surgery has a major impact on diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea, joint disease, gastric reflux, infertility, high cholesterol, headaches, urinary incontinence, and depression. The latest press showing dramatic correction of diabetes should make anyone with a bmi over 35 (70 pounds overweight) and diabetes really think about bariatric surgery.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Where do I begin...: Can rid you of obesity, diabetes, hypertension, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, back pains, hip and knee pains, neck pains. You'll sleep better, you'll have more energy, and you'll live longer. You'll keep your heart healthy and you joints functioning. Cures depression. I can go on...