What type of bariatric surgery is to be done for me?

Dr. Gregg Nishi
Bariatrics 22 years experience
Bariatric surgery: Answering that question requires getting your full medical history and can take a while to figure out. Some patients take days, weeks, or months to decide between having a lap band, gastric bypass, or sleeve gastrectomy. You'll need to see an experienced bariatric surgeon for a consultation to help you with that answer. I go through this everyday with new patients, but can't give a short answer.
Dr. Dean Giannone
There are three.: There's the LapBand, gastric sleeve and gastric bypass, in usual order of amount of weight lost from least to most. The type of surgery depends on how much weight you need to lose and how good of a patient you'll be after the operation.