what is the best way to tell my children about our divorce? our son hugo has aspergers and our 14 year old has celiac and type one diabetes

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
32 years experience Neurology
No one best way: I believe it's impossible to predict the BEST way to go about telling children about a divorce. The method should be one agreed-upon by both parents and I would think should involve either a family meeting or at least one parent telling both children at the same time. And then, the other parent having a conference if it's not possible to have the whole family together. Best of luck to you all.
Answered on Nov 16, 2014