San Antonio, TX

I broke my right arm in a motorcycle accident. both bones were snapped in half. i had surgery. how long until i can smoke tobacco again? in 2 weeks?

Dr. Dean Giannone
Never.: Is this a trick question? You shouldn't smoke, so use this opportunity to quit altogether.
Dr. Foster Carr
General Practice 33 years experience
Stop smoking forever: Try to use the opportunity to totally quit smoking tobacco. It is true that bone healing is slowed by smoking but there are other health concerns that should encourage you to quit smoking forever.
Dr. Olakitan Akinjagunla
Specializes in Internal Medicine
NEVER: Since you are lucky to be able to stop even for a short period,my advise is that you don,t pick up this habit again. Smokingis bad for your health and it can be difficult to quit.