i'm 18 i have dry mouth every once in a while then it goes away, and comes back, also suffer from post nasal drip, is this cancer ?

Dr. Jeffrey Briney
Dentistry 25 years experience
Dry Mouth: These are not signs of cancer, but diagnosis cannot be confirmed without an exam. Dry mouth is simply a reduction of saliva production and flow. This could be from many different issues ranging from side effects from medications to blockage in saliva ducts. This can be a major concern if this leads to poor oral hygiene, decay and burning mouth syndrome. Have your dentist check this out.
Dr. Deborah Ungerleider
Does not sound like: cancer. It sounds like you have nasal congestion from an allergy or recurrent colds or possibly sinus infections. This congestion may be causing you to breathe through your mouth, which can lead to the dryness you are experiencing. I would recommend seeing your doctor so he or she can diagnose the etiology.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Dry mouth: Dry mouth and post nasal drip are unrelated to cancer. Are you hydrating enough, stressed, taking medications? You might want to consult with your own physician if persistent or problematic.