Canada
A female asked about a female:

My mom freaks out about the littlest thing and then cries over something that didn't happen. can this be a part of biploar or something more?

Dr. Dan Fisher
Just guessing...: Bipolar disorder is actually not very common and is characterized by periods of depression and mania which significantly interfere with function. What you describe seems more consistent with a personality trait. Traits may become overbearing in some people and interfere with daily function causing loss of job, marital discord, etc. At that point they may be said to have a personality disorder
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Lois A Freisleben-Cook
As a Mom I can say it may just be part of having a teenager.
Nov 26, 2014
Dr. Spasoje Neskovic
Yes and no: Your mom needs more hope, faith and love. Adults form their habits and ways how they live and behave. And it is very hard to change. It is a very private thing between her and God, if she beleive in God. You can pray for your mom and be patient son, be brave, honest and always come from heart. Love your mom.
Last updated Nov 26, 2014