i have painful swollen lymph nodes in the back of my neck and a clicking in my throat when i swallow. could they be related and what could cause this?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Stephen Rothstein
38 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Nodes: probably not related but you should see an ENT to check it out
Answered on Oct 25, 2014
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
27 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Tender lymphnodes: If you have enlarged and tender lymph nodes, it is likely an infection. Since you have not disclosed your age or any medical history we can't provide you with a useful response. I assume you are very young in which case I recooemnd you discuss this with your parents and you will likely need to see a doctor to treat a possible infection. In back of neck, its likely cysts.
Answered on Oct 25, 2014