I have been getting frequent ocular migraines, and numbness and tingling in my left arm. any idea what this could be?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Azhar Salahuddin answered

Specializes in Ophthalmology

Stress?: Those symptoms are usually a sign of stress and/or not sleeping well. However, you may need to speak to a neurologist to rule out other more serious disorders.

Answered 5/4/2015

5.8k views

Dr. Michael Ham answered

Specializes in Ophthalmology

Migraines: The numbness in the left arm is concerning. If you are correct that your symptoms are ocular migraines, then the numbness is most likely a variant form of the migraine. If the same visual symptoms happen in the same sequence with numbness in the arm, then it is most likely ocular migraine with variant, if severe headache then classic migraine. See my response on triggers for migraines.

Answered 8/20/2018

5.8k views