A male asked:

I have had a lump behind my wisdom tooth for several years now. it almost seems between my mouth and nose. it never seems to change size. what is it?

Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dentistry 42 years experience
Hard to say: if it never changed size or texture or color it could be either a piece of bone or even a thickening of the gum. You ready should have some one look at it... Because it may be ok for Now!
Dr. Peter Karsant
Dentistry 39 years experience
Lump: Given the length of time the lump has been there it is most likely normal tissue however to ease your mind I would have your dentist or oral surgeon look at it to give you an exact diagnosis.
Dr. Jeffrey Bassman
Dentistry 45 years experience
Vague: Hard to say without a x-ray and an exam. To ease your doubts, I would have it checked

Last updated Mar 22, 2020