Canada

i have a burning sensation in my abductor pollicis brevis muscle, what could this be and what can i do to help it go away?

Dr. Philip Miller
Neuritis: Nerve inflammation from either compression or overuse. You can try OTC anti inflammatory medication such as Advil or Aleve (naproxen) for the next week; however, if not improved, see your physician.
Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau
Overuse..: This could be related to overuse of your hand. Depending on what you do during the day and how often you use your hand it is the probability of injury to the muscles, tendons and/or hand nerves. You may use a brace to immobilize it for a couple of weeks, take anti-inflammatory meds( like ibuprofen), and if not better consider seeing your doctor for formal exam and treatment.