FL

i pulled the abductor muscle, and now my knee hurts - when will it go away?

Dr. Johnnie Strickland Jr
1-2 weeks: Depending on the severity of the injury i would expect 1-2 weeks and you should avoid the same level of exercise for 2-4 weeks to give it time to heal. You can speed this up with anti-inflammatories: Ibuprofen 2 tabs 3x/day for 5-10 days. Alternative cats claw 3caps 3x/day. A topical herbal I have had great success with is recovazon gel; check my website to find it www.Medac4u.Com.
Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
Suggestions: This can be tricky to overcome. To keep your overall fitness during recovery then consider upper body/ core circuit training (include ube). Depending on your stage of recovery you also may be able to walk, swim, bike (low resistance). In relation to your lower body gradually return to activit... Control pain, regain motion/ strength/ and endurance over time. (drmarkgalland.Com - 12/26/12).