Boston, MA

i have a mold allergy, how dangerous is it for me to clean the mold in my bathroom? can you give me instructions on how i can safely remove the mold?

Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu answered
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Not a good idea: Cleaning the molds out yourself may trigger a severe allergic response if you are allergic to the even with a mask. The most important step is stopping the source of moisture. For area under a square foot, Clorox may do the job but not adequate for particle board or dry wall already damaged. If this is from lack of ventilation, use a ceiling fan and/or open window in the bathroom

Last updated Oct 23, 2014