A 27-year-old male asked:
i have a mold allergy, how dangerous is it for me to clean the mold in my bathroom? can you give me instructions on how i can safely remove the mold?
1 doctor answer • 2 doctors weighed in
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Not a good idea: Cleaning the molds out yourself may trigger a severe allergic response if you are allergic to the even with a mask. The most important step is stopping the source of moisture. For area under a square foot, Clorox may do the job but not adequate for particle board or dry wall already damaged. If this is from lack of ventilation, use a ceiling fan and/or open window in the bathroom
Last updated Oct 23, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$15 per month
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.