NJ

I was poking at a muscle knot on my thigh so much yesterday, i now have a big pink lump that looks like a swelling in that area. what can i do now?

Dr. Forrest Jones
Specializes in Family Medicine
Is it tender?: You may have caused local muscle injury with spasm. Apply heat for 15 minutes 2-3 times daily. Of no better by 3 days, see your clinician. Hope that helps.
Dr. Julan Crane
Muscle knot: Leave it alone as you may have irritated the area and it is inflamed. If the swelling continues or worsens have it examined to rule out an infection .
Dr. David Lipkin
See below: Not certain what you mean by "muscle knot. I assume you mean an area of muscle spasm. If the area is very warm and tender you may have caused an infection. If the involved area enlarges or persists you should see your physician as it's not possible in a chat to get a clear idea of what the problem is.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016