7 days ago sprained ankle. still severe pain, bruising & swelling. keep it iced and elevated. what's the next move. told 1 dr it's broke 2 said no. ?

Dr. Jeffrey Kass
Podiatry 28 years experience
I would not : Walk on it if possible....(I.e crutches). Fractures are usually evident on xrays or MRI if a stress fracture. It sucks when you get differing opinoins as your hoping to be given expert advice and you yourself are not expected to be able to read an xray or MRI.... So sorry about that. How different is the treatment plan between the two? Since your in pain, err on the side of caution..

Last updated Feb 13, 2015