U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Miami, FL
A 82-year-old female asked about a 82-year-old female:

my mother is 82 year old recently she been constipated been give lots of water, fiber, fruits, prunes juice, and stool softener she has very bad hemor?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Lee Lawrence
Specializes in Emergency Medicine
CONSTIPATION: In addition to what she is already taking she may take sennosides orally, next would be dulcolax suppositories or "Fleets" enema with much lubrication.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with

Similar questions

A 33-year-old member asked:

Is fenofibrate safe for pregnant or breast feeding women?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Troy Sedlmeyer
Specializes in Family Medicine
No: This medicine is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
A 24-year-old member asked:

Is it safe for pregnant women to get the measles vaccine?

3 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 33 years experience
MMR after delivery: The measles vaccine (MMR) is a live-virus vaccine, so it is not given to pregnant women or to women just about to become pregnant. It can be given to the mom after her baby is born.
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 46 years experience
There have been many reports of MMR given when moms did not know they were pregnant with no negative outcomes.However, as Dr Kwok states, we do not willingly give this live virus vaccine during pregnancy out of a sense of caution.
Apr 23, 2014
A 27-year-old female asked:

I am 27 years old. Recently became overweight. I got a blood test done showing I have a tryglceride level of 209 and total cholesterol level of 267. I am afraid because my father has diabetes and mother has lupus. My glucose was 83, in range. I also have

2 doctor answers12 doctors weighed in
Dr. David Nelson
Family Medicine 33 years experience
Get moving!: Didn't get the whole question. You are at a great age to stop future problems. Being over weight and having a family history of diabetes definitely puts you at risk. Start getting into an exercise program and cut back on fried and fatty food. That should help get things back to normal.
Dr. Samuel Sadow
Bariatrics 48 years experience
Start following a Mediterranean Diet, cut out sweets and snacks, have your doctor to put you into a good weight loss program to help you to lose all your fat and keep it off. Do at least 300 minutes per week of physical activity including muscle strengthening. Drink 10 glasses of water per day and get 8 hours of sleep. Eat a good protein breakfast and eat some protein with each meal. Don't skip meals.
Aug 16, 2012
A 44-year-old female asked:

Stage 3 breast cancer her2 positive how many herceptin (trastuzumab) cycle she must undergo?

2 doctor answers9 doctors weighed in
Dr. Romeo Mandanas
Hematology and Oncology 38 years experience
Up to 1 year's worth: Herceptin (trastuzumab) can be given together with initial chemotherapy for the first 4-6 months then subsequently by itself for a total of 1 year. If chemotherapy was given first without Herceptin (trastuzumab) then Herceptin (trastuzumab) can be given for a full year by itself. The usual cycle runs every 3 weeks (17-18 cycles in one full year).
Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology 28 years experience
The optimal treatment duration is currently unknown. Trials are being done to see if short term therapy is just as beneficial with less side effects, like cardiac dysfunction. For now, one year of treatment is accepted as the time period of therapy.
Aug 17, 2012
A 41-year-old member asked:

Im a 19 yr old female runner. Im having pretty bad joint pain in my knees.. Please advise?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
Orthopaedic evaluate: With chronic knee pain in both your knees, as an avid runner, you need to seek through evaluation by a physician specializing in musculoskeletal injuries, such as an orthoapedic surgeon or family practice physician specializing in sports medicine.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
Last updated Sep 29, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.