Ireland
A male asked:

I cut my finger on saturday and got stitches and a bandage. how would i know if it is infected or not? i was suppose to get antibio but i cant afford

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Laceration: your doctor must have felt that this laceration was at high risk of infection. That is why antibiotics were given in a the first place. Signs of infection include redness, increased warmth, purulent drainage, swelling, increased pain. The wisest thing to do is get the antibiotics as prescribed. You maybe less likely to be able to afford the complications of a bad infection!
Dr. Richard Zimon
Agree Absolutely!
Oct 18, 2014

Last updated Oct 31, 2014