U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A female asked:

I am 19 and my legs start to bow out straight under my knees. i'd like to know what the name of the surgery that can be done is and how much it costs?

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Natalie Hodge
Pediatrics 28 years experience
Genu Varus: It is hard to say without a detailed exam, but you may be speaking about "bow legged" state. Do you have any functional limitations? Do you trip from this? Is this a progressive finding or "how you were built" so to speak? You need a visit with your GP for detailed exam and history for a diagnosis. At that point you can start talking about whether treatment is warranted!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 16, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.