U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked about a 29-year-old female:

My son diagnosed with wnv in august. (positive igg /postive igm). he is still not well. should he be seeing an infectious disease dr or just primary?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Pediatrics - Developmental and Behavioral 51 years experience
You certainly have: the right to request referral to a pediatric infectious disease specialist. Tell his pediatric about the current impact of your son's illness on academics, behavior, peer interaction, sleep, appetite & activity level. Explain that you'd feel more comfortable having a consult, even if nothing more can be done. With a pedes I.D. report, you can get modifications in schoolwork, called a Section 504.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 15, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.