Egypt

When i walk i get a burning pain in my hip ( bottom area right side (buttox right side) but when i sit or sleep no pain plz help?

Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology 21 years experience
Radiculopathy?: That is a symptom that may be something called radiculopathy. It may respond to physical therapy and sometimes medicine when the pain is very bad. There are even times that surgery is needed. Most cases are not that serious. It is hard to confirm the diagnosis over the internet and an exam/testing is indicated. For more information: http://www.neurocuro.com/radiculopathy/
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Neurology 35 years experience
Piriformis Syndrome?: You may have a form of sciatica irritated by a muscle called the piriformis which can result in a burning sensation in the right buttock. Having said that I can tell you there are other possibilities which has to do more with hip pathology or hip socket pathology. You really need a good imaging study, a good physical/neurological examination, and POSSIBLY an electrical study (i.e. EMG test).
Last updated Nov 19, 2018