How can i cope with panic and sadness?

Dr. Steven Griggs
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Together, these: might signal depression, which is treatable by either a psychologist or psychiatrist. What are the causes? How long have the symptoms persisted? On the behavior side, learn to relax, meditate, do yoga, exercise. Try therapy. Severe cases benefit from medication support. Here's a reference for the anxiety part: http://www.psychologyproductsandservices.com/page2.html
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Andrew Berry
Clinical Psychology 15 years experience
DEPRESSION/PANIC: Get an evaluation from a psychiatrist to help identify what depression/panic means to you and whatever else may be bothering you. Consider recommendations for medication if any are given. Get a referral for a reputable psychotherapist to speak with. Meds and therapy combined are most optimal; no just one or the other.
Dr. Susan Feingold
Clinical Psychology 30 years experience
Once you have ruled out any medical problems, I would see a mental health specialist ( psychologist, social worker, counselor ) for an evaluation. They may refer to a psychiatrist for a med evaluation.. And encourage a combined treatment approach of Meds and therapy if symptoms are significantly affecting your functioning. However some patients respond to therapy alone.
Mar 28, 2015
Dr. Steven Hanley
Clinical Psychology 17 years experience
Be Mindful: Sadness and panic can be debilitating. But, it usually does not last forever (though it might seem like it does). If you aren't already seeing a psychologist or psychiatrist you might schedule an appointment to get things checked out. In the meantime practice being mindful and patient. Deep breaths. Calm.