United Kingdom

is this asthma?aftr exercise ect i get mucus and a cough only get cough from laughing.22yrold female 5ft 3 smoker and my peakflow is always 350??

Dr. Marwan Hammoud
Specializes in Family Medicine
Asthma: These symptoms can be a sign of asthma. Peak flow is an important test, however one would also need to perform spirometry tests to detect breathing problems. This can also differentiate asthma from emphysema.
Dr. Susan Madonna
Cough: I think you are wondering if this indicates an exercise-induced asthma, which may have cough as the sole presenting symptom. It's a good question. Your peak flow is a little low for you age/height/gender. The mucus in the cough makes me think the problem is more related to your smoking than to an intrinsic asthma. First of all, of course, stop smoking. Ask your doctor about spirometry testing