A member asked:

I have a 3 inch, hot, throbbing, swollen, red spot on my calf, i get mild folliculitis sometimes but this looks nothing like that, i am wondering if i should be worried or just let whatever this is run its course?

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Folliculitis : Folliculitis most commonly caused by staph, and we've seen a lot of MRSA lately. Don't let it "run its course ". Please see you doctor or go to urgent care center, if there's an abscess, it has to be lanced and drained and you may need to start appropriate antibiotics

Answered 2/1/2015



Related Questions