U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old female asked:

How do you know if psychological problems (anxiety,depression,or grieving) is causing your physical problems?(head/stomach aches.tremors,heavy chest)

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 37 years experience
Not knowing: "Know" is pretty strong. Perhaps you'll strongly suspect it. One thing is presence of periods w/out any of the symptom. Most physical problems don't clear up and return - they stay and may worsen. Having normal exam and/or test results. These are not 100% but closer than feelings. So, have a good exam if you get past the 1st step. Then a psych eval and CBT therapy aimed at somatic mgmt. Best!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 22, 2021
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.