U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
South Africa
A 42-year-old male asked:

Burning pain over my right chest ?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwataanswered
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
See if that's: related to your diet or what you eat? If so, it may have something to do with heartburn like symptoms. See your doctor to get relief. Time to get relief as s/he must examine you physically before recommending OTC or Rx meds. Also, to rule out other conditions that may have nothing to do with your diet, and may be neurological or musculoskeletal. This requires a doctor to help you! Good luck!
Dr. Layne Kamalu
Family Medicine 29 years experience
Heartburn: Heartburn would be a very common cause. Other possibilities include plurisy, pneumonia, pulmonary embolus, pericarditis, pneumothoax, costochondritis (rib pain), shingles and lower on the list would be heart attack. You should be seen for this.

Similar questions

A 32-year-old member asked:

Burning pain in upper left chest, should I be concerned?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. John Munshower
Family Medicine 31 years experience
Yes: Always get chest pain evaluated to be safe, and assure it is not cardiac in nature, or anything that would need medical attention. See dr. Asap.

Related questions

A 37-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
A 31-year-old female asked:
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 46-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 33-year-old female asked about a 33-year-old female:
1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
A 42-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Last updated Nov 17, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.