I wake up with hand numbness,i have to shake them to be able to use them besides having pain in my upper left back,should i be worried?

12 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Dariush Saghafi answered

Specializes in Neurology

Hand numbness at your tender young age could be several different things; none of which need cause you to worry but doing something about it is another story. My recommendation is for you to get a good musculoskeletal as well as neurological examination to determine what may be causing these annoying symptoms. Blood tests may be necessary. I'd try avoiding invasive tests right now if possible.

Answered Nov 3, 2014

3.7k views

Dr. Mark Fisher answered

Specializes in Neurology

One of the most important skills a doctor must possess is knowing when to lump & when to split. It can be challenging because pts often split when they should lump & lump when they should split. In your case, splitting is appropriate. It sounds like you may well have carpal tunnel syndrome. Get it checked out. The back pain sounds unrelated.

Answered May 21, 2016

3.7k views

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

You may be laying on your hands. may try pillow supporot on lay on your back

Answered May 2, 2018

3.7k views

Dr. Edward Hellman answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

There are a number of possibilities, I would not hesitate to be seen for a specific diagnosis. Numbness is a neurological symptom and a nerve conduction test can usually sort it out as well. The two most common causes are either a pinched nerve somewhere, with carpal tunnel syndrome being the most common that involves the thumb; or a neurological condition such as a neuropathy for example.

Answered Nov 28, 2017

519 views