Do i need to be concerned if my toddler has hand, foot & mouth disease & i am 21 weeks pregnant?

Not specifically: Most women will have had the viral infection that produces HFM in childhood and be immune for their lifetime. I do see the germ pass to adults occasionally. At 21 weeks you baby has formed all its basic structure, so the most vulnerable period has passed.I know of no reported HFM effects to the fetus if a mother becomes infected.You should know in a week or so if you get it.If so let your OB know.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 28, 2016