they did an x-ray of my left shoulder and he said my spine looks like an s. now i need surgery. what can i expect from the surgery?

Dr. Joshua Rovner
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 19 years experience
S- spine: This is a complicated question and depends on many factors. Most importantly is how severe the s-curve (scoliosis) is. You should definitely see a spine surgeon to measure your curvature and tell you if surgery is necessary.
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine 39 years experience
don't know your age or if youre symptomatic see an ortho who treats this problem don't rush and do surgery - its major surgery
Nov 26, 2014
Dr. Irving Harper
Age counts: At 48, your scoliosis has probably been there for a while and you need to get multiple opinions on the best way to approach tx. Need to ask success rate and experience of individual doing the procedure. May want to consider going to a spine center for another opinion