A member asked:

I am experiencing back pain (severity: severe) (side: both) , curved spine (quality: one shoulder higher) and back tenderness to touch. my curve is 42 degrees when just 3 years ago it was 21 degrees. is bracing an option? will they do surgery?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Levan Atanelov answered

Specializes in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

Needs an X ray: Get an X ray to define the amount of curvature of the spine, as you may have scoliosis. Most likely no surgery . Based on xray can decide. You can try bracing , but let's get X-rays first

Answered 6/25/2017



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question