My mother (age 62) has cervical spondylosis and has excruciating pain in neck. what can she do for the pain?

Dr. Mitchell Cohn
Pain Management 37 years experience
A few thoughts: The usual answer is surgery, such as laminectomy or fusion or various pain medications.In my practice, I find that treating the peripheral nerves with neuroprolotherapy (NPT) is more effective.Though most drs. attribute the pain to the spondylosis (bony overgrowth), the pain is often due to swollen nerves (dorsal rami, for instance).NPT reduces the swelling & pain for some people.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 15, 2014