U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 18-year-old female asked:

I think i may have over stretched my achilles tendon because i havent danced for months & my ankle hurts to flex. what can i do to help it?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Genkin
Podiatry 13 years experience
Evaluation, PT: Sounds you might have an Achilles tendinitis but I would definitely follow up with your doctor to rule out any tearing of the tendon. At this point I suggest you rest, ice, take over the counter anti inflammatory medication. Physical therapy is definitely in order.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 5, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.