i have been on tamoxifen for almost five years. my ankle is very sore and a bit swollen. am a 51 year old female. should i be concerned of blood clot?

Dr. Myron Arlen
63 years experience Surgical Oncology
Yes: Tamoxifen while use in ER+ patients is an excellent anti-estrogen blocking the receptors for allowing cell proliferation acts elsewhere as an estrogen. It is known to cause blot clots in the legs of some patients and endometrial profiferation in others that can lead to endometrial Ca. You should probably have been taking some mild bold thinners and notify your physician about the swelling.
Answered on Jun 8, 2016
1