United Kingdom

I have this little patch on the left side of my tongue, about half the size of a 5p. normal pinky colour but a little darker, no pain. comes and goes?

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 55 years experience
Needs to be seen: It's impossible to diagnose and advise you without it actually being seen. See a healthcare professional (General Dentist, Oral Surgeon, ENT specialist).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
See your dentist: There are multiple factors that can cause a normally pink tongue to turn dark pinky. It is important for your dentist to determine the cause of the color change. The majority of tongue problems are not serious and can be resolved quickly. Good luck.
Last updated Oct 17, 2014