United Kingdom

what are the possible side effects of having a steroid injection to combat a sinus infection?

Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Steroids and sinus: Sinusitis can be allergic reaction or infection, Allergic sinusitis can become infected. Medications used for allergic rhinitis/sinusitis do include nasal steroids. I prefer nasal/oral antihistamines to decrease the swelling and allergic reaction, though if severe rhinitis I have given steroids both injection and oral. If there are tender sinuses on touch I usually give antibiotics as well.