San Antonio, TX

given a steroid shot for a sinus infection. forgot to mention to the doc that i am on testosterone therapy. is there any contradictions?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Interaction: I see no significant interaction between a corticosteroid injection(like methylprednisolone) and testosterone medications.
Dr. Gregory Lewis
Urology 44 years experience
No: There are many different type of steroid hormones and medical uses. Testosterone, of course, is an androgenic steroid (of which there are also many) used primarily to treat androgen deficiency in males. I suspect the steroid shot you received for your sinusitis was a corticosteroid used to help relieve the inflammation and symptoms and no contraindications with being given both.