TX

my coworker wanted to test my sugar level this morning, all i had was a coffee ( lots of sugar and cream) but my level was 140 is this normal?

Dr. David Nelson
No: while coffee with sugar and cream will definitely raise your sugar level, 140 is a bit high. Go see your doctor and get checked out.
Dr. Phillip Goebel
Emergency Medicine 16 years experience
Random: A random level of 140 is not much to be concerned about by itself. If you are concerned about being diabetic, you should see your doctor so that the most accurate testing can be done.
Dr. Olakitan Akinjagunla
Specializes in Internal Medicine
May be: You have not given information of the time interval between drinking the coffee and getting your blood tested. If you are not diabetic, your blood sugar level will eventually fall to normal range within 1 to 2 hours. Take it easy on the cream and sugar though.