U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old female asked:

I have a yeast infection & skin down there is very raw. i am on diflucan (fluconazole). what over-the-counter product can soothe small tears on labia? any creams?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Julio Bordas
Family Medicine 38 years experience
Yeast vaginal: there are several over the counter medicines that you could try; Gyne-Lotrimin, Monistat cream. At times high blood sugar could also cause yeast infections. So if this problem continues see your doctor for another evaluation.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 29, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.