Fort Worth, TX

I had a heavy two day period with blood clots and the following day brown spotting it was on time but not normal for me ..should i pay more attention?

Pathology 49 years experience
How?: Variations in the number of days and intensity of bleeding are not uncommon. I do not know of any way for you to pay more attention. If you are sexually active, practice safe sex and if you do not wish to be pregnant use contraception all the time, every time. If you bleed more than usual discuss getting tested for anemia, with your doctor.
Can take hpt: The main reason for light periods is a change in hormone levels. Causes for what seems to be a light period can include: implantation bleeding in early pregnancy, thyroid problems, eating disorders, excessive exercise, initial periods for a girl, use of an intrauterine device, oral contraceptives & perimenopause.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016