U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

Having severe pain under my right ear going down my neck. it comes and goes, but woke me from a deep sleep?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Rebecca Gliksman
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
Ear pain: Seek medical attention at doctor/urgent care today. You may have an ear infection/mastoiditis/pharyngitis and may need antibiotics. Rarely vascular issues may be presenting this way depending on age and if you have risk factors like HTN,DM, autoimmune disease.
Dr. Mary David
Dr. Mary David commented
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
May also be TMJ
Sep 19, 2014
Last updated Jul 6, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.