U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old male asked:

I am 21 yrs of age. i've started losing hair from the age of 15, hav lost lot of hair til now. is thr a non surgical way to regain all lost hair? help

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
Probably not: The topical and oral meds for hair may slow your hair loss but probably will not reverse it. Sometimes they grow new hair but for most people they just help them keep the hair they already have. Usually this means minoxidil solution and finasteride pills.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 20, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.