i received 50 units of botox in my glabella/forehead 36 hrs ago. now my brows have lost their arch & only the top 1/2 of my forehead rises/ is furrowed. is more botox a fix? how long must i wait?

2 doctor answers
Dr. William Culviner
29 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Wait longer: You should wait about 2 weeks to allow the BOTOX to fully exert its effects. It's not unusual to see irregularities early on, as it is just beginning to work. You should not have anymore BOTOX until 2 weeks pass, otherwise you risk having a worse result.
Answered on Sep 17, 2014
Dr. Otto Placik
33 years experience Plastic Surgery
Give 7-10 days: This depends on your desired appearance. It typically takes 7-10 days to see the initial effects of Botox and to take full action. Botox cannot be reversed. So the flattening of the arch may be due to Botox working on the outer portions of the brw/forehead with less lifting. It may be possible to add additional Botox to the central upper forehead to drop the inner portions and create a subtle arch
Answered on Apr 26, 2015
1
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik commented
33 years experience Plastic Surgery
Provided original answer
(Contin) alternatively you can try a very subtle brow lift techniques by using Botox in the brow depressors muscles. In some instances there is a subtle "overshoot" in the first two weeks and the muscle activity with arch may improve over that time. Lastly 50 units is a reasonably healthy dose and I would observe for now prior to adding more
Feb 15, 2015