is it okay to do a salicylic acid 20% gel peel for acne scars while on 60 mg of accutane?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Oscar Novick
57 years experience Pediatrics
Accutane: No I would not use a salicyclic acid peel while on accutane. It an only increase the irritation and redness of your face
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
Dr. Sunnie Skiles
33 years experience Pediatrics
Don't recommend: Wait until you are finished with the Accutane before working on your scars. Talk to your dermatologist before you use a drying agent on your face.
Answered on Jan 5, 2017
1
1
Dr. Catherine Carroll
Probably not. Accutane is very drying. You should ask your dematologist that gives you the Accutane before you try anything new.
Jul 20, 2015