U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Mount Washington, KY
A 38-year-old female asked:

Where is the best place to put a ice pack on your head when u have a migraine?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Chirag Patel
Specializes in Neurology
See a neurologist: There are many types of headaches and many reasons for each type. You should speak to your primary care physician who can refer you to a neurologist. It would be helpful for you to keep a "headache calendar" by noting down the timing, frequency, duration, and intensity of your headaches. Ice is not proven for migraines, especially if it is diffuse. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/headache.html
Last updated Mar 30, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.