U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

I had fat added to the end of my chin in a fat transfer and now my chin looks too long/high for my face. is it possible to remove/sculpt that fat?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Herbert Hoover
- Select Specialities - 52 years experience
Yes: You should return to see whoever performed the fat transfer if possible. It should be relatively simple to sculpt the fat or remove any excess. If you had it done recently, part of the problem could be swelling that will resolve, so don't move too quickly!
Dr. H. william Song
aesthetic Medicine 30 years experience
Yes: Although it is much easier to put in than to take out, the fat can be gently removed with a micro liposuction cannula. The fat can also be sculpted using ultrasound (Ultherapy) or radio frequency(ThermiTight).

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 3, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.