Chagrin Falls, OH

i have lupus and concerned with my test results having high levels of protein and blood in my urine. infection and blood clot in my kidney last year. ?

Pathology 44 years experience
I'm concerned too: Lupus produces problems with the kidney filters more often than not, and this usually announces itself as blood and protein in the urine. Your physician knows how to manage this with others labs. If you had a renal vein thrombosis, it's very serious and you need long-term management by a competent nephrologist. Read up on lupus nephritis and on urinalysis and how to understand the big picture.
Dr. James Lin
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Here are some ...: With your complex medical background and its chronic features in mind, it would be most logical and beneficial to direct this question to your treating Doc in the Team for detailing, expecting, and planning the care and outcome. But, to move the long-term care in right direction, one needs a willing & pushing soul to move & translate the ideas of care into actions with empathy, not sympathy.

Last updated Feb 9, 2015