U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Chagrin Falls, OH
A 46-year-old female asked:

I have lupus and concerned with my test results having high levels of protein and blood in my urine. infection and blood clot in my kidney last year. ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 46 years experience
I'm concerned too: Lupus produces problems with the kidney filters more often than not, and this usually announces itself as blood and protein in the urine. Your physician knows how to manage this with others labs. If you had a renal vein thrombosis, it's very serious and you need long-term management by a competent nephrologist. Read up on lupus nephritis and on urinalysis and how to understand the big picture.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Feb 9, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.