Why would i want to avoid surgery for my endometriosis?

12 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Michael Traub answered

Specializes in Fertility Medicine

Depends: I don't think the goal is to avoid surgery, but I do think that most women should avoid repeated unnecessary surgeries. Surgery is required for a diagnosis to be made and sometimes for certain problems from endometriosis. Almost always a combination of surgical and medical treatment is needed.

Answered 2/24/2017

6.3k views

Dr. Michael Fox answered

Specializes in Fertility Medicine

You don't : Agree, but the treatment for endo is excisional surgery. If done correctly, there is little need for medical therapy. The research and recommendations for endo have been clouded for years, but you will see more and more in the future about excisional surgery. It would be important at your age to cure and stop the disease, which might prove to extend fertility and hormone production for you.

Answered 9/28/2016

5.8k views