Laguna Niguel, CA

I have a stye in my left eye. will i be able to wear my contact lenses and wear makeup? is there a eye drop i can buy to quickly get rid of this?

Dr. Evelyn Anderson
Yes, probably: The best initial treatment for a stye is warm compresses applied several times a day. Contacts are OK, make sure to wash your hands thoroughly before/after. Avoid eye make-up, as you can contaminate it, making infection more likely when you use the make-up again. If you experience pain, vision changes, sensitivity to light, a sandy/gritty sensation or discharge from your eye, seek immediate care
Dr. David Tolstrup
A tea bag steeped in warm water makes a terrific compress for a stye as it fits perfectly in the eye socket and the tannic acid in tea can be rather soothing
Sep 5, 2014
Dr. William Schmidt
55 years experience
NO: I don;t thinks it is a good idea to wear contacts while you have a stye. That goes for makeup as well. Warm (Not hot) compresses can help but an antibiotic ointment received from your doctor will help more.

Last updated Aug 28, 2016