radiology doctor said i have a "calcification/hyperechogenicity" in my kidney, how serious is it on scale of 1 to 10 and what is the cause of it?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Ajainder Shergill
May be a 3...: It could be referring to a kidney stone, or a deposit of calcium in the tissues of the kidney itself. This can happen due to a previous infection; or too much calcium, perhaps from some derangement in the calcium metabolism. You should see the ordering doctor for a full explanation.
Answered on Mar 5, 2018
Dr. Adam Lustig
10 years experience Diagnostic Radiology
Benign: Without seeing the images and full dictation myself my assistance to you is limited, but things that calcify in the body are usually always benign. Hyperechogenicity means "high echos" which is a way to describe a bright appearance in an ultrasound. It often implies calcium. Calcium in the kidney could be a stone or vascular in nature. Seriousness is a 2.
Answered on Nov 4, 2019
1