A member asked:

Punctate nonobstructing calcific fleck found on left kidney pelvis. i must control stone-mkg w/ urocit-k. will this fleck get bigger or pass?

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Ramsay Kuo answered

Specializes in Urology

If stone is described as punctate it is likely only a millimeter or two in diameter which makes it a good bet to pass if it moves into the kidney tube (ureter). If you are on Urocit K (potassium citrate) I assume that you have been diagnosed with a low citrate level and this medication supplements the level which can prevent certain calcium crystals from forming. Key is to have stone monitored, with good hydration

Answered Dec 3, 2015



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor